Do you ever find yourself in a pinch for a quick and easy dessert to take to a get-together that looks like you’ve slaved away all day long?
I did this week and let me tell you, these Marshmallow Pops were the fastest, easiest, most fun dessert I have made for a party and everyone was super impressed. What the party guests didn’t know, was that I threw them together in less than 20 minutes on the cheap!
With a few key tools and a little creativity, you can be ready to take these delicious morsels to your next gathering!
– 1 bag of marshmallows (regular size, not mini or jumbo)
– 2 colors of melting chocolate (or more if you want to get really fancy!)
– 1 bag of lollipop sticks
– Optional: sprinkles
– Melt chocolate using directions on the bag.
– Dip a lollipop stick in a small amount of the melted chocolate and place into a marshmallow.
– Continue “lolli-popping” all of your marshmallows, keeping in mind that the color you use to adhere the stick will be the color you will submerge with. (I.e. Yellow stick = yellow base color)
– After the chocolate has set, adhering the stick to the marshmallow, dip the marshmallows in a cup full of melting chocolate and tap off the excess. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet or push stick upright into a block of floral foam.
– Note: if using sprinkles, roll chocolate-covered marshmallow pop in sprinkles until covered.
– When base color has dried, drizzle melted chocolate in your second color over the pops.
-Place on a serving tray or stand for impressive display
What do you think? I think the sprinkle pops were my favorite, but the drizzling looks adorable too. Share these with friends, or make them for the next birthday party you get roped into attending. These are sure to be a big hit with the little ones!
If you want to make these Marshmallow Pops, “like” this post and be sure to post the photos of your homemade Marshmallow Pops in the comments section!