Nothing says “sweet” like a Chocolate Covered Strawberry.
They’re a reminder of early summer and fond memories of U-Pick farms and time with loved ones, for me.
With the temperature cooling off in the East, while shooting up to record highs in the West, I thought the perfect dessert for both occasions would be a play on one of summer’s most popular treats.
These cake pops are light, fruity, and decadent with their dark chocolate coating. Try them out this week for a reminder of the best days of summer.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops
– 1 box strawberry cake mix, prepped per box directions, baked, and cooled
– 1 can white frosting
– Dark chocolate candy melts
– Red candy melts, for decorating
1. Crumble cooled cake and mix with 1/2 can of frosting. If too dry, keep adding frosting a scoop at a time until a playdough-like consistency is achieved.
2. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Dip the end of a lollipop stick in a bit of melted chocolate and place into cake balls. Continue for all cake pops.
4. Freeze tray of cake pops for 30 minutes while melting dark chocolate candy melts.
5. Submerge cake pops into melted chocolate, then place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue for all and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Melt red candy melts and drizzle over cake pops. Refrigerate for 10 more minutes or until all chocolate is set.
If you like strawberry-picking and chocolate covered strawberries “like” this post and share your photos on Instagram or in the comments with #thedessertproject