What’s better than a cupcake? A mini one!
Why, you ask? Because mini cupcakes mean getting to try multiple flavors without the tummy ache!
Especially good for Graduation Parties, these Embellished Mini Cupcakes are sure to be a hit at any function. You can modify any cake mix and frosting combination to make something extra special. Top it off with sprinkles, cookie crumbles, fruit, or other embellishments for a truly scrumptious miniature treat!
This week we have made Cookies & Cream and Chocolate Sprinkled graduation minis, but the combinations are endless! Look out for more Embellishment ideas below and in the future!
P.S. So sorry for the horrible pics this week! I frosted the minis in the box I was giving them in, and didn’t want to risk smudging them if I took them out for a good photo!
Embellished Mini Cupcakes
– 1 box cake mix of your choice
– Submergers (mini cookies, fruit, mini candy bars, etc)
– 1 jar canned frosting of your choice
– Sauces or extracts for flavoring frosting (optional)
– Embellishments (sprinkles, cookie crumbs, fruit, etc)
Preheat oven per box directions, usually 350.
1. Prepare cake mix per directions.
2. Line a mini cupcake pan with mini paper liners. Place a submerger (if using) in the bottom of each mini cupcake liner, then top with cake batter until each cup is 2/3 full.
3. Bake per box directions, then let cool completely.
4. Add sauce/extract into frosting if using. Place frosting into a piping bag. Pipe dollops of frosting onto each cooled cupcake.
5. Sprinkle on embellishments while frosting is still wet.
– Cookies & Cream: white cake, mini Oreo submerger, vanilla frosting, crushed Oreo embellishment
– Chocolate Graduation: Chocolate Fudge cake, chocolate frosting, silver and gold sprinkles
– Strawberry Lemonade: Lemon cake, strawberry frosting, lemon gummy candy embellishment
– Peach: White cake, fresh diced peach submerger, cream cheese frosting, fresh peach slice embellishment
– Berry Wild: white cake, fresh diced strawberry submerger, cream cheese frosting, fresh blueberry embellishment
– Thin Mint: chocolate cake, white frosting with peppermint extract addition, Andes Candy or crushed thin mint embellishment
– Snickers: chocolate cake, mini snicker submerger, vanilla frosting, crushed peanut embellishment and caramel sauce drizzle
Flavor combinations are endless! “Like” this post if you want to make these and send us pictures of your favorite flavor creations!