My favorite part of fall has to be the multiple visits to local pumpkin patches.
There’s something so nostalgic about hopping into a straw-seated tractor bed, running through a corn maze, and picking out a variety of pumpkins to carve. So naturally, when I found out I’d be spending a day at work at the pumpkin patch with little ones, I knew immediately what I needed to make.
These Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies are easy to make and fun to eat. They are great for outdoor fun and are mildly spiced to be kid-friendly.
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
– 1 box spice cake mix
– 15 oz pumpkin purée
– 1/2 cup oil
– 1 container Cool Whip
– 1 small box vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, and oil and stir until combined.
2. Scoop out a tablespoon of batter and place on a parchment lined baking pan. Continue until all batter is used.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool.
4. In a bowl, combine Cool Whip and pudding mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Flip over half of the cakes and scoop on a tablespoon of cool whip frosting. Sandwich with another cake to make a Whoopie pie.
Soft, moist, and full of creamy “frosting”, these Whoopie Pies were a big hit with the kiddos and are sure to be an even bigger hit with all pumpkin-spice obsessed consumers!
If you love pumpkin-everything or Whoopie pies, “like” this post and post your pictures in the comments below!