Ever find yourself scrolling through Pinterest when something on the Food&Drink board catches your eye? The kind of photo that stops you dead in your tracks and your mouth begins to water just a little bit?
Yep, me too; All. the. time.
(Hey Dessert Project, meet your maker, Pinterest!)
This week, I found an amazing looking PB cheesecake brownie here and wanted to keep the same flavor profile, but transform them into something that used items currently in my pantry. Win, win right?!
This recipe has a few more ingredients than the typical Dessert Project recipes, but it’s still a snap to put together!
Black Bottom PB Cheesecakes
– 1 pkg. Oreo cookies, crushed fine
– 1/2 stick butter, melted
– 2 pkg.cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup creamy Peanut Butter
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
– Chocolate chips, melted for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a muffin tin with FOIL liners. This is extremely important. Paper liners will not hold up to the cheesecake filling!
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine crushed Oreos with melted butter and mix well.
4. Spoon a Tablespoon of the Oreo mixture into each muffin cup and press firmly to compact. I like to use the bottom of a shot glass for this.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric (hand or stand) mixer to beat together cream cheese and peanut butter until well incorporated and fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until combined. Blend in eggs, and give a good mix on medium speed for one full minute to ensure fully combined.
6. Spoon cheesecake mixture evenly into the muffin cups, leaving about a half inch of space at the top.
7. Bake cheesecakes for 20-30 minutes or until set.
8. Let cheesecakes cool for one hour in the fridge, then top with chopped peanut butter cups and drizzle with melted chocolate.
How delicious do these little babies look y’all?!
Totally stop-and-drool worthy.
This recipe can easily be made into a full-sized cheesecake, just press the crust into a springform pan and up your baking time to about 40 minutes!
If you love peanut butter, cheesecake, Oreos, or all three together, “like” this post and be sure to post your recreations on the comment feed below or with the Instagram hashtag #thedessertproject