I looooove ice cream.
It’s my favorite dessert of all time.
I also love a good, moist slice of cake. Who doesn’t, right?
So imagine my surprise when pinning one night, I found out that you can make rich, light, crumbly cake with melted ice cream! Score!
It sounds a little funny, but with just 3 ingredients (plus some imagination in the flavor department), you can create a rustic masterpiece like this!
The combinations are truly endless, but I opted to make a Tiramisu version since I’ve been craving a dessert that is just slightly sweet, and pairs well with a steaming hot cup of coffee. The cake texture also reminds me of the ladyfingers used in the best Italian Tiramisu.
Tiramisu Melted Ice Cream Cake
– 1 white cake mix
– 3 eggs
– 1 pint OR 2 cups (coffee) ice cream, melted – use a high quality like Haagen Daz or Ben&Jerry’s for best results
Extra Ingredients used for Tiramisu Version:
– 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped fine
– 1 small container Marscarpone cheese
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– High quality cocoa, for dusting
1. Combine cake mix, eggs, and melted ice cream and mix until combined thoroughly. Fold in 1/2 cup chopped chocolate pieces.
2. Pour into a greased, floured, and parchment lined jelly roll pan (the baking pan that has the 1 inch sides)
3. Bake cake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine marscarpone and powdered sugar and mix well. Refrigerate until using.
5. Let cake cool completely, then de-pan and cut into 3 equal sections.
6. Top first layer with half of marscarpone mixture. Spread evenly then sprinkle with half of remaining chocolate pieces.
7. Top with another layer of cake and repeat step 6.
8. Top with last layer of cake, then using a fine sieve, dust top with cocoa powder.
Pour yourself an espresso, black coffee, or cappuccino. Sit on your front porch with a slice or two of your Tiramisu Melted Ice Cream Cake and watch the sun rise.
What a perfect start to your day, right?!
And I know what you’re thinking….Dessert can totally be breakfast when you’re an adult 😉
If you love tiramisu or starting your morning off with a little something sweet, “like” this post and leave me a comment below with the combo you’re going to try!