Yep. That just happened. No intro, just a full sized photo of decadent Cherry Hand Pies. On a bed of dark, sweet Washington cherries. Drool….
If you’re headed to a picnic this 4th of July, try making these hand pies. Not only are they portable and delicious, but they are a snap to make.
Cherry Hand Pies
– 1 box (of 2) refrigerated pre-made pie crust
– 1 can Cherry pie filling
– Egg wash (1 egg + a little water)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Using a round cookie cutter (or tub margarine lid…), cut out 8 circles out of your pie crust
3. On 4 of the circles, cut out a star in the center.
4. On the 4 solid circles, spoon on a dollop of pie filling.
4. Top each pie filling circle with one of the cut-out circles.
5. Fork the edges of the completed pies to seal.
6. Place the pies onto a greased baking sheet and brush each top with egg wash.
7. Bake pies for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve over a bed of cherries or blueberries for some extra flair.
If you like Cherry pies and the 4th of July, “like” this post and don’t forget to send me photos of your favorite hand pies and Red, White, and Blue desserts!