It’s Sunday at 4:30 p.m. And all I can think is, ” where has this weekend gone?!”
With DIY bathroom renovations in full swing here, we have barely rested for the past 3 weekends. This weekend got the best of me and I had planned to make a different delicious treat, but just ran out of time and energy, so I swapped out my plan for these delectably rich Cookie Dough Truffles instead; win-win, right?!
Being that I had about 10 minutes to make these between drying time in our DIY project of the weekend, I kept it simple and didn’t roll them in cocoa or sprinkles, but the combos for these truffles are endless! Just thinking about peanut butter cookie dough dipped in dark chocolate and rolled in chopped honey-roasted peanuts has my mouth watering!
Cookie Dough Truffles
– 1 package refrigerated, pasteurized cookie dough
– Melting Chocolate
– Toppings (optional, chocolate drizzle, nuts, sprinkles, cocoa, coconut, etc.)
1. Roll cookie dough in 1 inch balls. Place on wax paper or nonstick foil and freeze for 30 minutes.
2. Melt melting chocolate per package directions.
3. Dip cookie dough balls in chocolate until well coated. Tap off excess and immediately roll in toppings. If drizzling with chocolate, wait until truffles have set.
4. Set completed truffles back on wax paper/foil and freeze until set.
I had to put mine on a skewer so the chocolate wouldn’t melt all over me, and my lips were covered in gooey chocolate, but it was deliciously rich and warranted an immediate glass of milk.
Let me know what you think of this quick and easy truffle recipe and make sure to share your comments and photos!