Raise your hand if you love cake pops!
if your hand is down, I’m sorry to say you’re lying to yourself…
A few weeks ago I posted my Embellished Mini Cupcakes recipe and I had a bit of leftover cake and frosting. Without wanting to waste any good cake or frosting, I decided to mix them together to make some cake pops! (before you go all ‘eww!’ on me, I made these at the same time as the mini cupcakes, I just decided to post the recipe today)
I have decided that while cake pops are more time consuming than difficult, I will never again make cake pops without rolling the outside in some kind of crumbly deliciousness for two reasons: 1) it tastes sooooo good! And 2) it looks way better since no matter how hard I try, my chocolate coating always looks lumpy on my cake pops.
Since Cookies & Cream is one of those ‘universally loved among all ages’ kinds of flavors, I went ahead and rolled my vanilla cake pops in crushed Oreo cookie crumbles. Talk about YUM! Try these out this week and take them to your next event, I’m sure everyone will thank you!
Cookies & Cream Cake Pops
– 1 white cake mix, prepared, baked, and crumbled
– 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup vanilla canned frosting
– Lollipop Sticks
– White melting chocolate (I like the vanilla almond bark for this)
– Chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos or the like), crushed to a fine powder
1. Mix together cake crumbles and 1/4 cup canned frosting. Add more frosting in a tablespoon at a time until a playdough-like consistency is achieved.
2. Using about a spoonful of cake mixture, roll into a ball shape. Continue until all cake is formed into balls.
3. Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Melt chocolate in the microwave per package directions in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. This will make dipping easier.
5. Dip a 1/4 inch of a lollipop stick in melted chocolate and push halfway into a cake ball. Continue until all are lollipop-ed. Chill for 5 minutes in the fridge.
6. Pour Oreo crumbles onto a plate. Spread evenly.
7. Submerge each cake pop in the melting chocolate and tap off excess. Immediately roll the edges in the Oreo crumbles until all sides are covered. You could also choose to only roll the edges and bottom for a cool look too!
8. When all pops are chocolate and Oreo covered, place in fridge for 5 more minutes or until chocolate hardens.
If you love cake pops, “like” this post and send me pictures of your creations!!