Fourth of July is coming up.
Can you believe it?! It’s almost JULY, people! Where did the last 6 months go?
Anyhow, in true American spirit, I am in the mood for classic Americana ranging from my new clothing purchases to the food I have ready for my menu this week.
To me, this week is all about celebrating our country, the people who serve/have served, watching fireworks with family and friends, hitting a baseball game, barbecuing, and making as much “classic American” (oxymoron?) food as I possibly can…and then waiting for the moment where my jeans don’t zip….
So to start off this week, I’ve made Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops. I drizzled them in chocolate to fancy them up a bit (didn’t think about red and blue until I finished….facepalm)
Confession: I tried using the BIG cookie dough squares and sandwiching a lollipop stick between two chunks…this resulted
Holy Monster Cookies! So I made a new batch with the following recipe/instructions…
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops
– 1 package chocolate chip break-n-bake style cookie dough
– 12 lollipop sticks
– Melting Chocolate for drizzling – totally optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Carefully insert a lollipop stick halfway into each cookie dough chunk.
3. Place Cookie Pops on a lightly greased cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned on the edges.
5. Optional: When cool, drizzle with melting chocolate
“Like” this post if you love chocolate chip cookies and 4th of July week and make sure to share your photos of your concoctions in the comments below!