Question of the Day: What is better than Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oreos, and Brownies? (answer to come later)
Easter is over, but is your sweet tooth still running on “high”? Goodness knows mine is! Discount candy at the store isn’t helping and I think I’ve officially overdosed on M&Ms and Reese’s.
With a candy-induced tummy-ache, I spent the week looking to make something a little more “substantial” to treat some lucky trauma nurses and remembered an amazing, but complicated recipe that was floating around the internet under a more lewd name (Let’s just say it was a reference to brownies being promiscuous…)
So we go back to the Question of the Day: What is better than Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oreos, and Brownies?
All three in the same bar!
These Triple Threat Bars are super easy to put together (thanks to my modifications!) and even easier to make disappear after cooling!
- 2 tubes of chocolate chip cookie dough OR 2 bags of cookie mix, prepared
- 1 package Oreos – you wont use the whole thing, but might be tempted to sneak a few with a big glass of milk…not that I did that or anything…
- 1 (8×8) box brownie mix, prepared
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass pan with cooking spray.
- In the bottom of the pan, press in cookie dough until level.
- Layer Oreos on top of cookie dough until covered.
- Pour brownie mix on top of oreo layer and smooth or tap on counter until even.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until brownie layer is just barely undercooked (it will set in the fridge).
- Let cool on the counter for 10-15 minutes, then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 20-30 pieces. Following the pattern of the Oreos is the easiest way to cut.
Mine were so ooey-gooey, that I kind of just scooped out the cut pieces and ate them over the sink! My first bite was full of molten brownie, but my second bite I got a nice chunk of soft Oreo and let me just say, it was heavenly…
I’ve found so many great dessert recipes for this week, so be on the lookout for new treat recipes in the next few days! My best suggestion if you’re worried about keeping all of these delectable yummies around your house is to share them. Think about how many people will be very happy campers when they get some delicious treats this week! Goodness knows these trauma nurses will be even more cheerful with one of these Triple Threat Bars in their hands!
Let me know what you think of this recipe by “liking” the post and sharing with friends! If you make them, take some pics and Instagram that stuff! Then post your picture in our comments section!